A sports wedding theme can be a lot of fun and you have a couple of options regarding what direction you want to go. Focusing on a specific sport is one alternative.
If you enjoy or participate in a specific sport, there is no need to look any further. However, if you have several favorites, you may have to give it some thought. All sports wedding themes to consider include the following.
- Horse Racing
- Car Racing
Alternatively, you can choose to focus on your favorite sports team. Whether it is the high school team that you coach, or a beloved national team, you can use it for inspiration for your sports wedding theme. By using the team colors or a team mascot in your theme, your wedding will be a tribute to your team and your love of the game they play.
Your wedding ceremony venue can play a big part in the execution of your theme. Ideas for a sports wedding theme venues include the following.
- If you are a football fan, consider getting married on a football field and having your guests wear their favorite team jerseys to the wedding.
- If you enjoy golf, get married at the local country club and lead your wedding party out onto the course for a few holes.
- If you are a baseball fan, get married at home plate with your guests in the stands.
- If you love basketball, have your ceremony on a basketball court.
- If your passion is bowling, have your wedding at your favorite bowling alley and then invite your guest to roll a few.
- If you savor horseracing and a day at the track, consider saving your money for the honeymoon!
Your invitations, banners, place cards, reception menu, thank you cards and decorations will explode with sports-fan flair when you add exciting clipart from Weddingclipart.com to your projects. By using your team's colors as a palate for your invitations, decorations and wedding flowers, you will make your wedding memorable for you and your guests.
Ways to incorporate a sports wedding theme into your wedding plans.
- Writing your own vows so that they include sports jargon that you both enjoy.
- Have your wedding cake made in the shape of something related to your favorite sport or team.
- Play games at your reception or bridal shower that reflects the sports theme.
- Give wedding favors to your guests that symbolize your sports fanaticism.
- Embellish your napkins with sports themed clipart.
- Setup a hot dog vendor and a beer cart at your reception.
- Wear your favorite player's jersey or number as a small or large part of your wedding attire.
If you are just sitting on the sidelines waiting for your chance to play, it's time to get in the game! For those who are ready, the all sports wedding theme will surely score.
Please read Summer Wedding Themes for more information.