A good place to start is your invitations and the idea of craft-making. Search the web for wedding clipart or invitation templates that depict snowflakes or snow scenes. While you can purchase invitations via the Internet or through local stores, making your own invitations will allow you the creative freedom to add unique craft embellishments and to pick out just the right specialty papers and envelopes to enhance your theme. Remember that the images you use on your invitations can be used on Thank You notes, stationery, menus, programs, banners and napkins too.
You'll want your flowers, color scheme, and overall look to match or enhance the pure white beauty of snowflakes. Then, internet searches will yield a wealth of ideas to add to your decorations. Items can be found year round online, but try to purchase closeout and clearance Christmas supplies the year before in order to save money. For discounts of up to 90% off, this sort of planning is very worthwhile.
Items you may want to include in your decorating search include:
- White or colored miniature Christmas light strands.
- Etched snowflake votive holders.
- Snowflake embellishments for your wedding invitations.
- Angel hair, spun glass, works well as a centerpiece addition.
- Iridescent snowflake shaped confetti.
- Crystal snowflake ornaments.
- Snowflake shaped lights.
- Paper products that can be used with your snowflake clipart.
- Snowflake shaped floating candles.
- Snowflake dinnerware, glassware, placemats and place settings.
- Snowflake themed centerpieces.
- Containers of any kind with snowflakes on them for favors or centerpieces.
- Balloons with Snowflake patterns.
- White ribbons of all patterns and sizes.
If you gather your snowflake decorating supplies during the Christmas season, you will not only save money, but you should have lots of time to create wonderfully creative centerpieces and memorable favors for all to enjoy.
A snowflake theme can mean snowy white elegance or a festive wintertime romp. With the decorations and invitations well in hand, you will be able to focus on your wedding ceremony and your attire. Think back to the picture you have in your mind of the perfect romantic snow scene. What are you wearing?
You can always embellish a gown with a snowflake feel through beadwork, and if you give a seamstress a full year to do it, the results could be amazing! Consider adding snowflake patterned sequins or beads to your gown or a matching cloak. Keep an eye out for a snowflake embellished veil, or items that would allow you to do it yourself. Look for bow ties or handkerchiefs with a snowflake pattern for the men's wardrobe additions.
By taking time to plan and shop for snowflake-theme related items, you can put together an amazing combination of snow-season elements. Wedding invitations, decorations, favors and attire can all be perfectly personalized to give you the ideal snowflake themed wedding.