Questions you might want to ask yourself prior to beginning your wedding favor search include:
- Will your nuptials be inside or outside?
- What time of year will the ceremony be held?
- Is it a formal or casual affair?
- Are you a silly or a serious couple?
- Do you want a practical gift that can be used right away?
- Do you want your favors to be considered keepsakes?
- Will you be incorporating your beach wedding favor into a wedding theme such as a Hawaiian Theme Wedding, with the wedding site being located on an island beach?
For example, if your ceremony will be on a tropical beach, facing the setting sun, designer sunglasses for all of the guests in attendance would be a practical, stylish wedding favor. You could get one style of sunglasses for your wedding party and another for your guests. If your wedding will be a sunrise event on a rocky, coastal shore in mid-September, personalized travel mugs filled with a warm beverage would be a thoughtful gift to be enjoyed by your friends and family during the ceremony.
If you are at a destination island location for your wedding, consider incorporating some of the local favorite flavors into your wedding favors. If you are in Hawaii, why not give each guest a fresh pineapple or a bag of macadamia nuts with an attached clipart enhanced thank you card. Check out Tropical Wedding Favors for other ideas.
If your island beach wedding is to be held on an island off the Eastern US coast or Canada, check into local specialty shops for soups, jams, cookies and other foods or candies that are special to that region. Package your specialty foods in island clipart decorated gift bags or boxes that compliment your colors and theme.
If your wedding theme isn't a beach theme, yet your ceremony location is on an island beach, you might consider either picking one theme to stick with for all of your needs or gently incorporating the beach into your main wedding theme. For example, if your wedding theme is the Celestial Wedding Theme thereĀ?s no reason that you canĀ?t use starfish shaped soaps as wedding favors!
Creative, personalized packaging is the key to making a memorable wedding favor. Beach wedding favor ideas that can be easily purchased and personalized include the following:
- Small lampshades decoupaged with island beach clipart
- Seashell votive candle holders
- Flip-flop sandal floating candles
- Starfish and seashell soaps
- Bath salts with a sea sponge
- Nautical themed picture frames
- Silver dolphin bookmarks
- Canvas beach bags
- Seashell keepsake boxes
- Traditional island music CDs
- Sand dollar wind chimes
Nature is inspirational, and with sand, sun and surf surrounding you, there is little doubt that whatever island beach wedding favor you choose to share with your friends, it will be a memorable one.