Here are a few country wedding favor ideas to show your guests how much you appreciate them celebrating time with you.
- Select a fabric (toile, small floral, large floral, patchwork, or lace).
- Cut out a square large enough to cover the lid of the Mason jar containing the jam, marmalade, or jelly using patterned fabric scissors.
- Tie the jar with matching twine, and attach a label describing the contents.
- Set the jar on top of a contrasting cloth napkin in the center of a guest's place setting.
Using similar flowers to what is in your bridal bouquet; create smaller versions of your bouquet for your female guests. For your male guests, you can create mini boutonnires using your groom's flowers.
- Wrap the flower stems with floral tape and cover with ribbon in your wedding colors.
- Add glass beads, pearls, or other gemstones to accent your bouquets either on wire stems or as an added touch to the ribbon covering the stems. Your guests can dry or press the bouquet as a keepsake of your special day.
Whatever you decide to put inside the box, make sure the outside compliments your spring theme with silk, paper, or fresh flowers.
- Using the same kind of flowers in your wedding arrangements or another that compliments them; attach the blossoms to your gift boxes using a glue gun or ribbon.
- Arrange the boxes on platters at the buffet table or place on individual place settings as a favor.
Few things capture the essence of a romantic country moment, especially in the spring, like the first birdsong. Regardless of your theme, birds' nests provide a natural, rustic feel; particularly when placed with lace linens, for country elegance.
- Purchase faux birds' nests at a craft store.
- Fill the nests with dragees in the colors of your wedding and delicately weave a strip of organza ribbon; with your guest's name printed on it, across the top of the candies.
- Set the nest in the middle of your guest's place setting.
- Accent the reception table with country wedding favors your guests will be able to enjoy for eternity. Potted topiaries make beautiful centerpieces and can serve as place card holders.
- Purchase small topiaries at a craft store.
- Insert a twig node into the top of the topiary and wedge a name card in between two nodes or slit the twig in the middle and slide the card into it.