With the younger flower girls, keep in mind that you can not control their behavior. They may show off in funny ways, get distracted halfway down the aisle, or they may be extremely shy and need to be encouraged to walk in front of an audience. However, the one thing you can control is what she will wear. With the right flower girl dress your flower girl will kick off your wedding ceremony with grace, style, and a whole lot of charm.
A Dress that Makes Sense
The flower girl's dress can be creative and playful, but it should somehow relate to the wedding's overall theme. Here are some basic styles that always work well on children.
- Full skirts with satin sashes
- Princess sleeves
- All white lace or silk organza dresses with sashes And here are some ideas that are a bit more creative:
- The dress could be the same color as the bridesmaids' dresses.
- The dress could be white with accents such as ribbons, flowers, gloves, or shoes that are the same color as the bridesmaids' dresses.
- The dress could be a mini version of the bridesmaids' dresses or have some of the same design elements, such as lace, hand beading, or ruffles.
- The dress could be a one-of-a-kind that echoes the theme of the wedding, such as a daisy print dress to match the spring wedding theme.
When choosing the flower girl's dress, it is important to factor in her comfort level. You may fall in love with a floor-length dress, but is the little one likely to trip on the hem when she walks down the aisle? As the bride, it is your responsibility to pick a flower girl dress that your young attendant will look forward to wearing. Remember, a comfortable flower girl will be a happy flower girl.
Where can you buy these mini fashion statements? The best place to get a first hand look is in some children's clothing stores, bridal shops, or specialty sections in department stores. The perfect flower girl dress does not have to be labeled a "flower girl" dress. It can be any dress that you come across that you feel is suitable for the occasion.
You may also search the numerous online wedding sites. Most of them offer tips on selecting wedding attire for the younger set, including whether the ceremony is at night, outside on a beach, in the summer, etc. In addition, these sites often showcase different collections and include the measurements and costs of the dresses.
A flower girl is a terrific addition to a wedding party. She is a natural ice breaker and an immediate conversation piece. So to ensure she makes a strong, lasting, and amusing impression on your guests, choose her wedding flower girl dress with care and pleasure.