Often called one of the top honeymoon spots in the world, Cancun wedding planners know what they are doing when it comes to creating a romantic destination wedding getaway.
Whether you choose to get married underwater in scuba diving gear, freefalling from a plane or with both feet firmly planted on dry ground, you are sure to find everything you want in Cancun.
In the hotel zone, you will find El Rey and Itchel Temple, home to mysterious and beautiful Mayan ruins. Here, it is said, one can find a connection to the gods. Consider a Mayan ceremony for your Cancun wedding. This type of ceremony predates the arrival of the Spaniards and celebrates the union of earth and sky; representing women and men, two separate but very powerful forces.
No more than an hour's drive away from Cancun are intimate and unique tropical eco-parks including Puerto Morelos and Isla Mujeres. Each park is different, offering a variety of beautiful outdoor settings for your wedding. These sites include hushed rivers, tropical jungles, private inlets, and gorgeous beaches.
Most resorts offer group discount rates for your family and friends. Many will take it a step further and offer to take care of all your destination wedding needs.
Cancun destination wedding packages offered by the resorts can include the following.
- Wedding ceremony
- Wedding reception
- Massages for the bride and groom
- Breakfast in bed for the newlyweds
- A wedding coordinator
- A justice of the peace
- Legal documentation
- A gazebo and red carpet
It is suggested that couples arrive at least three days prior to their wedding date to meet the requirements for couples getting married in Mexico. These requirements include:
- Bride and groom must each possess original or certified copy of their birth certificates.
- Each must possess current a current passport.
- Each must possess a tourist card, given to them by the airline and validated by Mexican Immigration officials upon arrival.
- Divorced persons must possess divorce papers.
- Bride and groom will each need original health certificates from exams given no more than 14 days prior to their wedding date.
- Blood tests are required and include testing for HIV, RPR (sexually transmitted diseases) and blood type; results are ready 24 hours after testing.
In addition, those who are not citizens of Mexico will need to have valid passports and tourist cards.