Your Florida wedding can be made more intimate and memorable with the inclusion of a wedding program. A wedding program outlines the sequence of the service, names the special people involved in making it happen and preserves your special day. Creating a wedding program for your Florida celebration may be easier than you think! Read on to get started on creating beautiful memories.
What Should You Include on Your Wedding Program?
Your wedding program should include the following:
- You and your spouse-to-be's names.
- The location, date and time of your Florida wedding.
- The location of the wedding reception and the time it begins.
- The different aspects of the service, in the order they will happen.
It may also include:
- Your parents' names and your spouse-to-be's parents' names.
- Special thank-yous.
- A special poem or quote.
In addition, you can place pictures of yourself and your spouse, images of Florida to personalize and memorialize the occasion, borders, decorations and virtually anything that makes your program more personal.
What Kinds of Programs Do Florida Marrieds-to-Be Choose?
Florida is filled with colorful images, making the state itself the perfect inspiration for your wedding program. Couples getting married in Florida choose virtually any style of program, from the simple to the ultra-elegant to fun and trendy. However, a few themes tend to stand out in popularity. Try a few of these ideas as borders, backgrounds or page dividers on your Florida wedding program:
- Sea shells (conch, clams, sand dollars).
- Sea life (fish, dolphins, manatees, manta rays).
- Ocean/ocean waves.
- Light houses.
- Sunglasses/sun sport images.
- Beach balls, blankets, sand castles.
- Blue sky/white clouds.
- Palm trees, native/indigenous plant life.
- Night life imagery/colorful images.
- Sail boats.
- Silhouettes (particularly of palm trees or walking couples on a beach).
How to Create Your Florida Wedding Program
Now is a great time to be a bride- or groom-to-be -- you have a wealth of choices at your fingertips (and computer keyboard) for creating your own wedding programs. Online vendors now offer wedding program templates, many with the Florida or destination-style images you're looking for. A great wedding program template will offer easy ways to copy over your own information (using Microsoft Word, for example) and can be downloaded to your computer. Couples reach for wedding program templates due to their highly versatile capabilities; in this way, you can create a Florida wedding program that's truly your own.