Helpful Tips to Jump Start Your ShoppingThe most important thing to remember about selecting your bridal fashions is to follow your heart. Choosing attire that makes you feel beautiful, confident and comfortable will make you glow!
First, consider which silhouette and neckline are most flattering and which embellishments best suit your taste -- a slinky, low cut gown or a beaded empire-waist dress. Then be inspired by your theme -- soft fabrics flow gracefully on the beach or in a garden, lace looks exquisite at an historic estate or Cinderella's Castle.
While you're deciding on dresses, contemplate which accessories to add -- a veil, jewelry, gloves or wrap. And your shoes better be comfortable -- practice dancing in them at home. Non-slip pads will eliminate falling.
Let your bridal attendants select dresses from several styles within a color scheme. Tell your mother and mother-in-law-to-be your wedding theme and give them color swatches to coordinate their "look" with the look of your special day. Help your groom choose attire that makes him look and feel his best.
Last but not least, stay within your budget and the budgets of friends and family who'll be paying for their attire!
The Best Places -- North to South -- to Shop for Florida Bridal FashionsThe following websites will help you form clearer ideas about what you may want once you start trying on dresses.
- St. Augustine's A Dream Come True, offers one-stop shopping with fashions for your entire party and wedding packages starting at $475.
- Family owned, Simply Elegant, on the Florida Panhandle, has been pleasing brides from Pensacola to Panama City since 1985.
- Not far from Orlando's famous theme parks, award-winning Something Blue boasts a selection that meets the needs of almost any bride.
- Jon's Bridal on the Gulf Coast in Tampa, prides itself on keeping every dress in stock, from sizes 2 to 34.
- Upscale Bijou Bridal, in Sarasota, features exclusive European designs and impeccable one-on-one service.
- Angelus' Bridal & Formal, has three locations in south Florida, with gowns from $99 to $2000.
- But if you only visit one shop...make sure it's David's Bridal. They have more than a dozen stores throughout the state with hundreds of selections, including plus sizes. Try customizing all your bridal fashions with coordinating styles, colors and backgrounds using their convenient Online Style Guide. If you're budget is tight, Hot Wedding Auctions, consignment shops and vintage stores may be a better bet for you.