Coordinate Your Favors with an Alaskan ThemeOne of the easiest ways to come up with a creative favor idea is to pair it with your chosen wedding colors or theme. For example, if you've chosen dragonflies (one of the state's more elegant symbols) as your bridal motif, look to wine charms, embossed ornaments with personalized text or a small set of dragonfly wind chimes to evoke fond memories year after year. Other Alaska-themed favor ideas include:
- Cookie cutters in the shapes of Alaska's most memorable wildlife, including moose, whales, sea lions, grizzly bears and all manner of birds.
- Inspiration from the bald eagle. Many examples of native handicraft can be found featuring these strong, beautiful birds!
- Gourmet products featuring native wildlife, such as Harry and David's "MooseMunch."
Sweet, Edible Alaskan TreatsSpeaking of gourmet, send your guests home with some of the state's finest confections and gourmet sweets! Alaskan shops are renowned for delicious candies -- from saltwater taffy to "the world's best peppermint bark." If you plan to give just a few delectable pieces to each departing guest, inquire about bulk ordering your candy to save money.
Special display tip: Wrap each collection of candy in tulle, and be sure that the wrappers remain on chocolates whenever possible to keep them from melting.
Other fine gourmet wedding favor vendors in The Last Frontier include:
- KetchiCandies of Ketchikan, Alaska offer incredible nut clusters, brittles and handmade truffles. These indulgent creations will delight your guests' palates on their flights back home!
- If you're searching for a wide assortment of Alaska-made products, try Alaska Wildberry Products, one of the state's best known gourmet distributors. They have everything from candies to jams to king salmon, so your imagination and budget is the only limit.
Other AK favor ideas include wildflowers pressed under glass with a hand-lettered name and date or small, personalized teddy bears with a cute, durable gift tag for your wedding information.
The rugged beauty of Alaska lends inspiration to many wonderful gift ideas. Pick favors that fit your personal style as a couple, as well as your budget!