The Key West Honeymoon can be adventurous or quiet and remote. Streets are narrow and crowded. With limited parking opportunities, most people are more comfortable and productive, without cars. Tourists often rent bikes or mopeds. Key West is small, flat and lends itself to bike travel. Although there are no helmet laws, it is always recommended that you rent and wear a helmet.
Sunny weather and tropical temperatures blend to make the ideal environment for swimming and water activities. Do not miss these favorites:
- Scuba diving
- Jet skiing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Sunset Sails
- Glass Bottom Boats
When it is time for mementos and souvenirs, visit some of the well-known shopping areas in Key West.
- Clinton Street Market: a commercial, air-conditioned mall.
- Key Lime Pie Company: a delectable shopping experience as everything is made from key lime including candies and pie.
- Key West Aloe: best known for its tropical perfumes and lotions.
- Cigar Alley: you can watch viejitos (old men) roll cigars.
Sites to Visit
Rich history fills the Keys with its own sense of wonder.
- Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory: a breathtaking site with more than 1500 butterflies to greet you.
- Key West Aquarium: marvel at the colors and species of aquatic life.
- Trolley Tour or Conch Tour Train: sightseeing tours filled with lots of information on history and architecture.
- Hemingway House and Museum: Ernest Hemingway, Nobel Prize winning author, lived and wrote here.
- Captain Tony's Saloon: where Hemingway found inspiration.
- Mallory Square: at sunset people gather to celebrate the closing of the day at this seaside spot is filled with artists and musicians, vendors and animal shows.
- Key West Botanical Gardens: 11 acres of gardens filled with wildflowers, butterflies and birds.
Key West nights are packed with partying and dancing. Nightlife is rowdy and guests often socialize into the wee hours of the morning. However, if you are not looking for a club atmosphere, there are always quieter options. Concerts and theaters are available alternatives.
A Key West honeymoon is where affordable charm meets tropical splendor. Rich with history and cultural diversity, Key West is an action-packed place in which to celebrate your marriage. It is an informal vacation spot for kicking back and partying on a stretch of land known for its natural resources and vacationing spirit.