Niagara Falls Facts
Niagara Falls belongs to both the United States and Canada. The American Falls or Rainbow Falls and Bridal Veil Falls make up the American side. Canada is graced with the infamous curve of Horseshoe Falls.
American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls stand about 176 feet high and 1060 feet long. They follow a relatively straight line and spill 150,000 U.S. gallons of water per second!
Horseshoe Falls is about 167 feet high and spreads out to a length of 2600 feet. It expels an unbelievable 600,000 gallons of water per second.
Niagara Falls Vacation
There are many activities specific to the Falls for honeymooners to enjoy. They include:
- Maid of the Mist: a boat excursion that allows you to see the Falls from a thrilling, lower perspective while wearing slickers and carrying waterproof cameras.
- Cave of the Winds: descend a winding staircase in your raingear and view Bridal Veil Falls through the mist.
- Miracles, Myths and Magic, an IMAX film: hear about daredevil stunts and incredible stories while viewing a thrilling perspective of the Falls during a 45-minute film filled with sheer entertainment.
- Niagara Falls Casino: a Canadian Casino boasting 3,000 slot machines, 150 gaming tables and intricately hand-painted ceilings.
- White Water Walk: a 1,000-foot pathway right next to those frothing rapids!
- Reg's Candy Kitchen: over 36 years of fudge making experience and 18 available flavors.
- Fireworks: from May to September enjoy breathtaking fireworks shows that provide a kaleidoscope of color across the surging water.
Near Niagara Falls, there are bike trails, wineries, shopping, and an impressive array of restaurants. Honeymooning couples may want to play miniature golf or visit the impressive Butterfly Conservatory. Climb aboard an FX Thrill Ride, or take a helicopter ride high above the Falls. Visit a haunted house or try your skill in the Mystery Maze. Explore the Guinness World of Records Museum for hours of intrigue, as each story seems to stretch the limits of possibility just a bit more.
A Niagara Falls honeymoon offers good times in a casual atmosphere. Just off the beaten path, one can find wonderful hiking areas and campgrounds. The Falls themselves never cease to mesmerize those who travel just to spend some time in their majestic presence. They are a reminder to those just starting a life together, that life is filled with wonder that seems to pour down upon those who take the time to stop and observe it.