Wedding Stationery Kit Basics
Doing it yourself has never been easier. A wedding kit gives you all the tools you need to make memories that will last a lifetime.
You're about to become a bride. If you're like most modern brides-to-be, you're excited, thrilled -- and a little overwhelmed by all the "to do" items on your list. It can be difficult to know where to begin when it comes to wedding invitations, thank-you notes, programs and menus. You can make it easier, and give all your printed materials a personal touch, with a wedding stationery kit.
Wedding stationery kits are the latest in wedding planning help. They contain templates for various printed materials, giving a starting point for each piece while allowing for creativity and personalization. Why do it yourself rather than leaving it all in the hands of a professional printing company? Well, for one thing, a wedding stationery kit allows you to make as many changes as you want, as frequently as you want, before committing to the final product. You can print individual cards or menus to eyeball them first-hand without any extra charge besides the cost of a sheet of paper. And you can print an exact quantity without having to go over the amount you need (and being charged accordingly).
Usually, a wedding stationery kit will also contain information, or give links to information, on how to write the text, so you're not going it completely alone. With information on proper writing etiquette and access to a variety of styles, fonts and images, you have the perfect recipe for outstanding invitations, thank-you notes, programs, menus and other printed materials.Here are some of the printed materials your wedding stationery kit may offer:
- Wedding Invitations: It all starts with the invitation. Your wedding invitation informs those you haven't personally telephoned or e-mailed when and where you're getting married. A wedding invitation also honors the invitee--he or she has been asked to be part of one of the most special days of your life. You'll want to give this article extra attention and make it individual, suiting your and your groom's personalities and the general feel of the wedding (contemporary, casual, traditional, etc.)
- RSVP Cards: These are generally enclosed with the wedding invitations. They should match your invitations in style, paper weight and color. Matching envelopes should also be enclosed for the convenience of your invited guests.
- Wedding Announcements: You may not be able to invite as many people as you'd like to your wedding (due to financial constraints, the size of your reception hall or the destination of your wedding), but you can announce your happy union with style and flair. Wedding announcements can be as casual or as formal and traditional as you'd like.
- Wedding Day Programs: A wedding program lets your guests know what will happen on your big day, and in what order. It also credits those who are involved in your wedding, such as singers, musicians and your wedding party. For religious services which involve guests' participation at various times, such as kneeling, prayer or singing, a program gives advance information so that those less familiar with a religious service can participate appropriately.
- Menus: If you're offering a choice as to the main dish, a wedding menu shows your guests the offerings so that they can order their preference. If you have a set meal planned, a menu can still be helpful, allowing invitees a few extra minutes to decide whether to ask the help staff to leave something off their plate, serve a smaller portion, etc. You'll also want to include information on any special dishes you may have planned, such as diabetic or vegetarian.
- The Little Extras: Consider printing place cards so that your guests know where to sit without having to consult a seating chart. You can also print tags for wedding day favors, personalizing each for that extra touch.
- Thank-You Notes: Don't forget to thank your guests for making your day extra special. Have these printed and ready to go in advance of the wedding day so that you can get them out in the mail promptly.
If you're wondering whether your finished product will have a professional appearance, consider that you're using the same technologies that professional printers have access to. Modern printing companies download images and text, arrange these on the page and print them out on a high-quality paper stock--just like you'll be doing. The difference is that with a wedding stationery kit, you're adding your own personality to the finished pieces, making them truly your own and a work of art that you'll be proud to present to your guests.
Above all, use your creativity! With your wedding stationery kit, you can't go wrong as far as what information and what materials to include. Let the expertise of your kit creator be your guide, and add your personality to every piece for a truly memorable wedding stationery set.