Champagne Glass Gel Candles
This pretty and thematic way of creating lighting can also be adapted for different kinds of glassware including multi-colored martini glasses, margarita glasses, or wine goblets. The steps to creating these candles include the following.
- At a party store, locate enough plastic champagne glasses to decorate each table.
- At a craft store, find clear candle gel and candle gel dye in pink or red.
- For the candlewicks, you will need string and a fast-setting clear epoxy glue to attach the wicks to the bottom of the glasses, leaving one inch of extra length above the rim.
- As the glue dries, tear 1/2-inch chunks of the gel and put into your melting pot, set to medium low heat on your stove.
- When the gel has melted, add the dye, then pour the mixture into the glasses, leaving 1/4 inch of space to the rim.
- The gel will create natural, champagne-like bubbles.
- Once the candles have dried, trim the wicks to 1/4 inch.
Rose Garden Cake with Apricot Glaze
This distinctive bridal shower cake is perfect for tea or garden parties. Make a two-layer yellow cake using your favorite recipe, and fill the layers with rose-petal jam, found in most gourmet food stores. Create an apricot glaze by blending 18 oz of apricot preserves with 1/4-cup almond liqueur. For decoration, select about three bloomed pink roses to be crystallized. Lightly whisk some egg white and brush onto the petals, following with a fine sprinkling of granulated sugar. Hang the flowers upside down with wire until completely dry, and then place them together in the middle of your cake.
Bath Theme Bridal Shower Towel Cake
For a shower specializing in bath and beauty favors, you can create this wedding cake centerpiece for the gift table out of towels and soaps.
- Fold two bath towels in half lengthwise twice, then roll them into coils and fasten them together with pins.
- For the smaller tiers of the cake, use hand towels and wash cloths.
- Tuck decorative soaps and silk flowers between the layers, and top with a beautifully carved candle.
- Present on a cake platter, which can be part of the gift, and encircle the cake on the plate with large silk flowers in the wedding colors.
Potpourri Sachet Shower Favors
This always-welcome party favor is easy and inexpensive to make in bulk.
- Pick out two yards of fabric and a matching roll of ribbon.
- Cut the fabric into six-inch squares.
- With a stitching needle, weave the ribbon in and out along the border of the squares, leaving enough of a tail on both sides to tie a bow.
- Fill the squares with dried lavender and rose buds, cinch with the ribbon and tie.
- With the cinched top, the tail of the ribbon can be used to tie the sachets to clothes hangers without the contents spilling out.