Popular and festive beach weddings can be held either outdoors on an actual beach or indoors in rooms transformed to hold the magic of the ocean. With the right beach wedding accessories, you can create an atmosphere of salty magic and floating hearts.
Following is a list of some popular beach wedding accessories. It's important to note that while styles vary from casual to elegant, all will create a special beach effect.
- Seashell bouquets: whether you choose to incorporate shells into floral bouquets, or simply carry bouquets made of shells and ribbons, you will have lovely, artistic displays.
- Beach boutonniere: most of the boutonnieres are made with one shell and minimal ribbon. For a more detailed or intricate boutonniere, consider making your own.
- Flower girl basket: can be in the shape of a large shell or simply adorned with shells and lace.
- Ring bearer shell: can replace traditional pillow or be placed on top of pillow.
- Cake topper: bride and groom among shells or dolphins are two popular choices.
- Bottle openers: decorated with shells or dolphins.
- Place card holders: mini Adirondack chairs, dolphins, flip-flops.
- Beach in a bottle wedding favors: each miniature bottle holds sand, tiny shells and some glitter.
- Flip-flop floating candles: for a more irreverent spirit
- Sea shell jewelry: for the bridal party, or as favors
Turquoise tulle is a wonderful accessory for beach themed weddings. Decorate the head table, tie it to chair backs, or trim a doorway. For an even more dramatic effect, glue small shells, starfish and seaglass to the tulle. You will create a soft beach fantasy.
Create glass bowls filled with seawater illusions for your centerpieces. Add shells, seaglass, starfish, marbles, tiny treasure chests, etc. You can use a drop of blue food coloring to create the perfect water tint. Each bowl can be a unique variation of the beach theme. Your guests will want to visit each table just to see and enjoy all the bowls.
Nautical touches can be incorporated into your day. Use ropes to tie bunches of wildflowers together. Collect miniature life preservers and place them as coasters. An array of decoratively colored sails can be hung from above with the aid of fishing line.
With ice sculptures carved into dolphins, whales, or mermaids, you can serve shrimp and seafood amidst frozen art of the same theme! Let large clamshells hold your dipping sauces, while beach pails harbor napkins or utensils.
Music will play a salient role in promoting the beach feel. Consider reggae, steel drum bands, or Calypso music. Your band members can dress in island clothes or embellish their wardrobes with sunglasses and flip-flops.
If you can't be at the actual beach, play a CD with real beach sounds between sets. Complete the atmoshpere with Tiki lights to compliment the campy outdoor spirit.
With the right accessories, your beach-themed wedding will be a unique seaside memory for all of your guests.